P. (250) 384-8124
150-805 Cloverdale Ave
let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Victoria
First time on the market in over 40 years! This beautiful One level house is located steps from the prestigious St Michael's University School! Also within walking distance is Camosun College and the Hillside Mall! Transit route to UVic makes it an extremely desired location! This well maintained house offers enough space for a family, and a private back yard. Beautiful Hardwood floors and a flexible floorpla...
Lovingly maintained and updated by the current owner, including new hardy siding, gutters, roof, windows, heat pump, furnace, plus all 3 units have sep. laundry. This FRONT & BACK DUPLEX is like getting two homes for the price of one, PLUS an additional suite. This property is comprised of two separate houses that have been joined together. Need space for your aging parents? Want to live in one house at vir...Listed by Royal LePage Coast Capital - Chatterton
CONSULTING A REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.
The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a Realtor when you buy a home:
- A Realtor will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called “agency”) so that you are clear as to when a Realtor is working for you or for the seller.
- A Realtor has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co-operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A Realtor can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. – and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A Realtor will help you determine how big a home you can afford.
- Realtor are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A Realtor has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A Realtor will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A Realtor will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve-wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A Realtor will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
SELLING YOUR HOME - WHY IT PAYS TO USE A REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.
Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.
Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source Victoria real Estate Board 2022